Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan Braggins

Default Nu-Heat leaking underfloor heating ( Central Heating controller for multiple zones?)

In article . com, Osprey wrote:
Owain wrote:
Guy King wrote:
Yes. They offered a discount on a replacement system, and blamed Monsanto
for selling them unsuitable material with false promises.
It's still their problem though. They may choose to take it up with
Monsanto, but that's a different matter.

But the contract of sale is with the original housebuilder (and would
have been a trade contract, allowing exclusions from consumer law) and
not with the current householder.

It would be worth looking at original contract, many 'warranties' are
transferable, which might assist you.

It was a self-build, so _might_ have been a retail not trade contract.
But they (allegedly, according to village gossip) left for Canada leaving
a lot of debts and taking some money that wasn't strictly theirs. We bought
the house from the people who bought it from them (and have had bailiffs
chasing their debts too).
So if Nu-Heat aren't volunteering it, my chances of finding the original
contract are small.

(Given that I don't have a contract and have no evidence of a warranty,
I haven't bothered asking a solicitor. Maybe I should.)