Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Cylinder Thermostat

In article .com,
KnobJockey wrote:
I've just fitted a new Cylinder Thermostat same as this :

http://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalog...hermostat.html

Its been wired up same as previous stat : 1= Yellow 2= White 3= Blue &
Earth

I sparked up the system and left it running for half an hour (usually
long enough for reasonably hot tank of water) I then turned down the
temp. control to see at what point it shut off, It didn't !! I turned
it down to lowest setting 20 deg.C still no joy.

Is it a faulty stat ? or incorrectly wired ?

Why did you replace the original? If it was because of the same 'fault',
it isn't the thermostat. More likely a valve.

--
*I don't suffer from insanity -- I'm a carrier

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.