Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills

Default Cylinder Thermostat

KnobJockey wrote:

I've just fitted a new Cylinder Thermostat same as this :

http://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalog...hermostat.html

Its been wired up same as previous stat : 1= Yellow 2= White 3= Blue &
Earth

I sparked up the system and left it running for half an hour (usually
long enough for reasonably hot tank of water) I then turned down the
temp. control to see at what point it shut off, It didn't !! I turned
it down to lowest setting 20 deg.C still no joy.

Is it a faulty stat ? or incorrectly wired ?

Cheers

Who knows? Without more information about what type of system configuration
you have (S-Plan, Y-Plan, C-Plan, etc.) and what is at the other end of the
yellow, white and blue wires, it's impossible to say.
--
Cheers,
Roger