Posted to alt.home.repair
RayV

Default Finishing trim work tips?

gntry wrote:
Any one have any tips for getting good clean "returns" for finishing base
board or chair rail moulding? I can never seem to make the right cuts for
ending the moulding. I keep ending up with gaps and it makes a rather good
job end up sloppy.

Start with a good blade designed for finish work.
Make your first cut at the appropriate angle (usually 45)
Put masking tape on the table of your saw, then draw a line where you
place your trim for the second cut. Now you have a reference point to
adjust the cut if it doesn't fit.
Better to cut the piece a little bit small then to force it in.

Try posting to rec.woodworking, someone there may have a few tricks.