Brian Lawson

Default Great Idea - Communal Snowblower

Hey Bob,

A simple Buy-Sell agreement would do quite well here , if it's not too
late. A very fair system.
Any one "owner" is entitled to ask either or both of other owners to
"buy" his share for a price he sets for his share. If one or both of
the other two owners feel the proposed asking price is too high, then
the owner that proposed the price MUST buy the share of the
other('s) instead, and he MUST buy at that price he set for his
share.
Works the other way too. Say one owner is displeased with someone
else, possibly in the way the other is operating the machine or
monopolizing the use (doesn't matter WHY), then he has the right to
offer to BUY the other's share, and that owner must either sell at the
proposed price, or buy from the originator at the price the originator
set. This will keep the price at real value.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 13:13:59 -0500, "Bob Chilcoat"
wrote:

We agreed up front that if anyone moves, the other two have to buy him out.
They can then try and sell the new neighbor the share. Other than that, two
of us are mechanics, so we don't foresee a lot of maintenance issues. I
guess as it gets older, the cost of a share should go down, but at $247 per
share, it ain't the national debt.