Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default Restoring bowl dovetails

On 25 Jun 2006 17:31:27 -0700, "robo hippy" wrote:

Gerald,
It sounds like a good idea, even if I don't return my warped bowls. I
was wondering how the jig would sit stable on a bowl bottom that is
also warped?
robo hippy

Ok, Reed... let's assume that you mean "re-turn".. lol

My concern on a warped bowl, and I think that was the motivation for using this
jig, would be the TOP of the bowl more than the actual recess..

One of the reasons that I went to a vacuum system was that when a bowl is nicely
warped, it won't sit flush in a cole/jumbo jaw setup... which makes it hard to
hold and harder to do anything to the bottom of the bowl..

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis