Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Default Breeze block for outdoors?

Christian McArdle wrote:
I told breeze block is quite suitable for outdoor use, can anyone
confirm this is the case

Breeze blocks aren't usually available these days.

and/or advise on an alternative light weight building block?

You could use aerated concrete blocks. Very light weight, but do look a bit
skanky after a couple of years. I've got some in my garden creating a 30cm
terrace to hold back the patio. I haven't got round to facing it with
something nice looking. They've turned a nice shade of green, but are
clearly holding out against the frost and rain structurally. They'd be fine
with a coat of render or wood cladding.

Christian.

Yep. My garage is built of those - rendered with Tyrolean finish
(yuk)..but even just painted they can look remarkably OK. My choice
would be a smoothish render finish painted, but thats just what we do in
these parts..