Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Wanderer

Default Cylinder Thermostat

On 27 Jun 2006 05:42:52 -0700, KnobJockey wrote:

I've just fitted a new Cylinder Thermostat same as this :

http://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalog...hermostat.html

Its been wired up same as previous stat : 1= Yellow 2= White 3= Blue &
Earth

I sparked up the system and left it running for half an hour (usually
long enough for reasonably hot tank of water) I then turned down the
temp. control to see at what point it shut off, It didn't !! I turned
it down to lowest setting 20 deg.C still no joy.

Is it a faulty stat ? or incorrectly wired ?

Without knowing what wires go where at the other end of the circuit (i.e.
at the controller/wiring box end), it's impossible to comment with any
authority, although my immediate reaction would be to suspect that it was
incorrectly wired - for a start '3=blue and earth', which is nonsensical
taking a quick look at the installation instruction leaflet that is linked
from the page you listed. You did take a look at that link, didn't you?

If you've connected an earth wire into what could be potentially a live
circuit, never mind about how it was wired before, then you don't
understand what you're doing and should consult an electrician.

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net