Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Beaver

Default Water pooling on concrete steps

My front porch and steps are made of concrete. Water from the lawn
sprinklers pools on one of the steps because the step apparently wasn't
finished quite level. The water pools, then evaporates, then pools again on
the next cycle, etc., etc. It's not deep -- it evaporates within an hour or
so on a warm day. But when it's more or less dry, it's greener and greener,
apparently from algae forming.

Is it possible to "refinish" the top of a concrete step in a manner both
practical and aesthetically pleasing? If it's hundreds of dollars, I'll
live with the "moss." But if there's a cheap and effective remedy, I'd love
to know about it.

Jim Beaver