Posted to sci.electronics.repair
n cook

Default Stronger solder?

asdf asdf wrote in message
. ..
Hi, i'm trying to repair my TV. The coax cable adaptor broke off, and i'm
trying to reattach it. I've tried soldering it, like i've soldered many
other things, but this does not seem strong enough to hold it in place.

Is
there a better solder, or a better method of reattaching it? It needs to

be
pretty strong because the tv coax cables are pretty thick and not very
flexible. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

From one of my tips files
http://www.divdev.fsnet.co.uk/tips2.htm

I am getting a bit tired of seeing TVs and VCRs where someone has tripped
over
the trailing lead to the aerial socket. The connection to the tuner is then
broken in
the process. Make up a simple adaptor of a small length of coax with plug on
one end and socket on the other and plug the aerial lead into this. Not
having the
right-angle connection to the back of the set gives a chance for the lead to
disconnect
without damaging the tuner.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England