Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave M.

Default Problem with RCA TV Power

"MelzyWI" wrote in news:1151358510.193918.93390
@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

Hi-

I'm hoping someone can help. I have an RCA "Entertainment Series" 27"
TV. I purchased this in 2003. I've noticed that all of a sudden, we
are having an issue with it. We'll be watching tv and it will suddenly
shut it self off, and then turn it self back on. It does this
repeatedly until you shut it off and leave it sit there for 15-20
minutes. Then you can turn it on and it's okay. It did this
intermittenly and now it's doing it more regularly. I've noticed it
while watching HBO on Demand as well as other channels. We have digital
cable. I'm not sure if this could be caused by the Digital Cable box
or not. Or if it's something in the TV that's shorting out?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mel

You probably have a thermal intermittent in a power supply or power output
circuit because that is where the most heat is generated. A common problem
is an intermittent voltage regulator or solder joint. If it's the regulator
you can spray it with a coolant to restore it's operation until it heats up
again.

As another poster indicated, you need to post the model number.

Dave M.