Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
lsmartino

Default Refrigerator relay pinout

Edu ha escrito:

Hi again!

Could you believe the relay fitted directly into my compressor!

I believe you because that was exactly what I tried to tell you in the
the the first place. :-)

The opposite side from the side seen in the picture I took, has both
start/run plugs in the neccessary size, and the spare wire coming into
a hole from the overload protector was, as we supposed, directly
plugged in the common pin. I was making difficult the easy things.

Now the compressor works perfectly. The only thing I have noticed is
the stop time I must allow between stopping and starting again. I have
read somewhere about the time the PTC needs to cool again. I don't
think it would be a problem (the compressor is not intended for a
fridge, I will boild an air compressor with a fire extinguisher as a
deposit...

Exactly, the PTC needs to cool down in order to work again. Is exactly
the same thing which happens in a TV with the degauss thermistor.

Thanks for opening my eyes, and best regards!
Eduardo

I´m glad to see that you could complete your project. Next time you
have to replace a realya like that in a freezer, you will know what to
do.