Posted to alt.home.repair
No

Default before i buy a new Natural Gas grill...

GotBonus wrote:
"GotBonus" wrote in message
Any upfront advice on burner type and material that I should stay away
from?
I am MOST concerned about EVEN heat distribution.
AND some say 36,00 BTU. some 45K etc...can someone tell me exactly what
that means as far as efficiency?
Is it per hour use?

Thanks

I appreciate all the replies. This is being done from a convenience point
of view, there are only two of use, but we occasionally cook for up to 6.
No need for a sideburner, but may consider one just in case. I have seen
the Vermont casings unit, and tend to like them in appearance( not real fond
of the stainless units), the Weber look cheap and no very well designed
ergonomically really( burner controls are in weird spots)

I am tired of the grill that we have now( very uneven cooking), and we have
run out of gas at inopportune times before. I already have the gas line
stubs in several places on the patio. a couple quick connects and I am set.
I will check codes on the mobility issue, but the reality is eventually the
unit will be built in.

Is there some kind of formula for determining best grill size to BTU ratio?

Also , is it true that the HD has some sort of big sale on the floor units
about mid summer?( probably doesn't matter as they are all Propane)

Thanks again

The sale at home depot is for one day only, isn't advertised and only
covers their cheaper models. You are in the same boat as I was. Check
out the VTC400 at home depot. They carry it in natural gas. It has some
stainless parts, others are porcelain coated. The hood is porcelain. Its
high BTU 3 burner. No side burner. Its well made and is under $400. Get
the Vermont castings cover for it. Its well bade and fits nice. If they
do not have the natural gas version in stock then ask them to get it for
you. Another store in the area may have it.

Good luck