jim rozen

Default Seeking source for torque wrench extensions

In article , djl says...

Now - I've searched far and wide and cannot find anyone who actually
makes or sells a simple extension that I can buy. I'm looking for one
that has a 1/2" square female socket on one end (where the drive end
of the torque wrench fits) with a 1/2" male square drive on the other
end.

I would consider purchasing two 1/2 inch breaker bars, the kind
with the round sliding male half inch square drive.

Then grind off the retaining balls on one side of each one,
and slide the square drive unit off of one, and onto the
other.

So now you have two square sliding male fittings. Step
one would be immobilize them on the bar with, say, braze.
Be sure they are pointing in opposite directions.

Step two is find the correct size 12-point socket that fits
a half inch square. I think there is a very close match
iirc.

Then the existing torque wrench goes into the 12-point
socket, and the socket you want to use goes on the other
male end.

Key to making this work is purchasing the items used or
otherwise, inexpensively.

Jim

please reply to: