Posted to uk.d-i-y
PJ

Default Mitsubishi Camcorder pinout

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Can you open up the modulator and trace the wiring?

That's plan B. Here goes...

.... later.

Four wires terminating at a socket on the modulator PCB. Each pin is
labeled on the PCB, although the labels are partially obscured by the
socket. They appear to read (with corresponding wire colours):

A (Red)

G (Brown)

V (White)

B (Black)

There's another line of text above - it starts with a triangular symbol,
and then reads, "MTM-1OV-O". I don't know if the '1', and 'O' are
letters or digits. I can trace each wire through to a corresponding pin
on the DIN type connector (it's unlike any I've seen before - PS2-ish in
size, three keys at 120deg intervals (one larger than the other two),
eight pins arranged in a circular pattern).

Since it's a
camcorder, I'd expect it only to carry composite video, stereo sound and
possibly power for the modulator.

Stereo sound may be a bit much...

The modulator unit is identified as a Mitsubishi DAR-M1EB. It claims an
input voltage of 5VDC, 35mA. It also boasts something called an "I/G
system select switch", whatever one of those is... :/

But it may only provide sound when
playing back.

I don't mind that. I'm just not so keen on blowing my video card up by
plugging the wrong thing into it...

Earlier cameras which plugged into a separate recorder also had power and
control circuits on IIRC a 10 way. I've got the pin out for those. ;-)

Smartarse.

Thanks.

PJ.