Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Mitsubishi Camcorder pinout

In article ,
PJ wrote:
This may well be the wrong group for this question - appropriate
redirection welcome, but UK.DIY-ers seem willing to have a go at most
things, so...

We've been given an old-ish analog mini-VHS-tape-thing Mitsubishi
HS-CX1(B) camcorder, minus manual. On the rear of the unit there is a
mini DIN type socket into which plugs a small box on a flying lead which
provides modulated UHF I/O for picture/audio - just plug into the
antenna socket of any TV/video...

However, I want an unmodulated composite video out. There are, I think,
more pins on the camcorder socket than would be required to provide what
I/O we have - I'm wondering if it's possible to get composite video +
sound from some of the others? Does anyone have a pinout for this device?

It appears that manuals are available for this device, but at a price...

Can you open up the modulator and trace the wiring? Since it's a
camcorder, I'd expect it only to carry composite video, stereo sound and
possibly power for the modulator. But it may only provide sound when
playing back.

Earlier cameras which plugged into a separate recorder also had power and
control circuits on IIRC a 10 way. I've got the pin out for those. ;-)

--
*All generalizations are false.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.