Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kenmore Elite clothes dryer making clunking sound

Hi!

My $0.02:

- one of the three plastic parts in the drum [the ones that are
designed to make the clothes tumble] is loose. Check in the drum and
tighten by opening the machine.
- a loose part in one of these plastic tumblers.
- the belt has a defect.

Pierre

wrote:
Hello,

My parents just bought a washer-dryer set from Sears. The clothes dryer
is a Kenmore Elite model (I don't know if there is a more specific
model #). It works well, but my mom notes that the dryer is making a
clunking sound. She described it as a ticking or clicking sound, but
when I heard it over the phone it sounds deeper than a click or tick.
She says it happens even with the dryer empty. It is not too annoying
to her,but I tell you, it would annoy the heck out of me. Is it
possible that it is the inner drum slightly off center and hitting an
internal part of the dryer?
It is under warranty (obviously). I think she should call Sears and
have them come out and fix it. But if there is a simple adjustment that
could be made, someone please advise me.

Thanks
Mike McWhinney