Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mike vore

Default Very Newbie Question

wrote:
I've read up on sharpening
and ordered a 60 grit Norton white wheel for a 1750 RPM electric motor
I have. My tools were fairly sharp on Friday evening and now they need
sharpening...hope that wheel gets here soon. So here is another
question: If I were to buy one introductory video (perferably on DVD)
what should it be? I'd like something that is packed with information
on turning techniques and sharpening.
Thanks again,
Steve

The first thing to remember (and you didn't use the bad word) - DO NOT think
of the wheel and motor as a GRINDER! This should be used and treated as a
SHARPENER! Grinders are used to take off lots of metal, Sharpeners are used
to put a good edge on a tool! They look the same but the reason to use one
and the attitude when you are using it make all the difference.

mike