Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Is my swing set gonna be safe, now I'm doubting myself?

Well I must say, my wife and I did laugh at some of the responses, but
honestly I'm not just trolling the boards or looking to lob a softball
for someone to practice their funnies.

There's going to be 3 swings, and at times, could have an adult or two
along w/ a child. JD summed up my concerns best

"the lateral forces on the dsingle upright leg when big folks are
swinging."

With big folks being 140-200lb adults swinging, I just was unsure of
how much force would be generated on the single upright leg.

jd wrote:
I think the only real concern would be the lateral forces on the dsingle
upright leg when big folks are swinging in synch.. I'd get a couple of
adults (one for each swing you have), and get them all swinging together (in
phase). Have someone stand by the side, and see how much the leg deflects.

Make your decision based on that.

empiracle evidence is always best....

-_JD