Posted to rec.woodworking
Shopdog

Default Is my swing set gonna be safe, now I'm doubting myself?

300 lbs of cement? four feet into the ground, hell why not just use
telephone poles? While your at it get a well drilling rig and really sink
them in the ground! My son's swing set is red cedar 3" timbers and 1X4's and
all that sits ON THE GROUND with a couple of stakes hammered in. The only
thing that is cemented is the pole for the slide and I only used a 1/2 bag
of cement for that. What you've got is the frame work for a nuclear blast
proof set!

My set cost 700.00 and took me a day and used about 15x6 ft of land!

I think what we've got here is a troll..

Searcher