Gunner

Default OT Environmentalists may be in deep Kimchee

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 20:30:49 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 16:30:29 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 08:40:21 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

. What you're getting excited about is the fact
that I researched it and found out that they were cops, and then

pointed
it
out. If it's not germane, then what's your beef?

Ed Huntress

My beef is you making a big deal about it and making some pretense
that decently trained students could not have handled the situation.

"Decently trained"? Is this the same Gunner who was extoling the virtues

of
gun laws that don't require a permit, and who discounted Michigan's stats
because the state requires a ten-minute gun-handling quiz in order to
purchase a handgun?

Nah. 'Must have been another Gunner....

Ed Huntress

I take it you missed the post about mandatory training in school?
Want me to repost it? Or are you simply ignoring it as it doesnt fit
your mindset?

I didn't see it. I don't read the really dreary-sounding threads. g

So, this one is interesting. Isn't that a little bit fascist? Aren't you
supposed to be able to just go in and buy a gun anywhere, anytime, without
any kind of test or permit?

Are you suggesting that gun training should be the fourth "R"? Reading,
'Riting, 'Rithmetic, and Revolution?

Just what are you suggesting here, Gunner? How does it comport with your
right to buy and own a gun?

Ed Huntress

I suggested that it be manditory for firearms safety and use training
be taught in schools from K-12.

That the certificate be good for any type of weapon, concealed at
any time once the certificate has been granted, and good for carry in
public. Unified requirements across all state lines, good for all
states and territories, and only granted in full at the age of
Majority. "learners permits" for hunting etc to be issued on
completion of various levels of classes.

No registration of weapons, or owners, only whether or not the
individual had completed the certification course for public carry.
Period. Penalties for an uncertified individual carrying in public to
be harsh and swift, unless in an emergency or legal duty.

This would not effect your right to purchase, own or carry on your own
property, but only in public. And would not discriminate between a
Glock, a mini Uzi, a M16, and a sawed off shotgun in a shoulder
holster.

Of course, all prohibited persons would have that certificate
rescinded. Private party sales, mail order sales, gun store sales all
ok, with proof of cert. Counterfeit certs to be punished swiftly and
harshly.

I recommended that shooting competition of all types be offered in
schools much as it was in your and my day.

Quite a list of things, all basic common sense.

Removes the Forbidden Fruit problem, removes the ignorance problem,
etc. Very much like a drivers license. Drive anything, any time,
anywhere as long as the cert is good. We can discuss refreshers every
10 yrs.

Break the law, removal of cert, up to lifetime depending on act in
addition to all applicable criminal penalties. All btw..only for
public property. No restrictions on type, usage or carry on your own
private property. Basic right.

This should make the groups concerned about public safety happy. The
gun grabbers simply could go **** up a rope. Its Constitutionally
sound as it does not infringe upon the right to keep and bear arms
except to prohibited persons, and allows unified freedom in all states
without restriction. Im pragmatic enough to suggest the cert. Shrug.
Others will disagree with me of course, in both directions.

Gunner

"Guns aren't toys. They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or
delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face."

-- Krusty the Clown, "The Simpsons"