Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sheetrock repair

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 14:32:14 -0700, "Jack" n wrote:

In removing wallpaper some of the sheetrock paper layers peeled off
partially. I try to repair it as much as possible by removing all the paper
edges on the sheetrock before applying the skimcoat. The problem appeared
the next day after the skimcoat in that there are many bubbles where the
paper damages were. I had to either cut out the bubbles or glue it down and
skim coat it again. It took a few cycles before it was done right as some of
the bubbles reappeared again and then again. For the time spend it would
have been faster just to rip off the sheetrock to bare studs and re-rock. Is
there a special way to repair the damaged sheetrock with not so many
skimcoats?

Best method is to rip out all the sheetrock in the entire house and
start over. Why **** around with old junk....