Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Default Tried to replace Thermostat, now A/C nor Heat works (or fan)

Al Moran wrote:

On 25 Jun 2006 12:09:29 -0700, "Ryan" wrote:

Just cut the fuse holder out and crimp in a spade on each side of the
wire that you cut out the buss fuse holder from. Install the 5 amp
fuse in the spades. Take the wires that you taped together and un tape
them.

Al..

The buss holder is sort of like a 'socket' so to speak. The side I see
is the 'end'. It's not like:

--- [ FUSE ] ----

It's like BUSSFUSE==](socket)--------------(wire)--------------------

if that makes sense? if not I can take a picture and perhaps email you.

Since I am renting this property I'm sure the property manager would go
ape-sh1t. He's supposedly got someone scheduled monday to come check
it out.. but I dont want to sit in the sweltering texas heat any longer
than I have to.

Guess your screwed then until the ac guy gets there. I went back and
read your original post. The shorted fuse is being caused by the wires
you taped together, also, the other problem is that you don't have
your aux heat wired into the stat if you have brown and black not
connected to anything. One of the wires, either black or brown, is for
the second stage heat, the other is for aux heat. The blue wire is the
common.

Hi,
What is shorted fuse? Problem seems to be that OP'er did not mention RTFM.
Usaually if manual did not come with the new 'stat, it's dlwnloadable.
Haste makes waste. Lesson learned.