Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Video camera's picture turns red. Please Help!

I bought a Panasonic PV-DV953 D about 3 years ago. It was working fine.
But, I didn't use it for about 2 years and its been sitting in my
closet. When I turn it on a couple days ago, the picture thru the
viewfinder and the lcd flip-out-monitor is all red and when i record,
it records red. This happens every so often, and its happening alot
more. Is there something I can do to fix it? Is the camera broken? Has
anyone ever had this problem? I'm afraid if I turn it in to get it
fixed the picture will be fine and the technicians won't see the red
picture that happens when I turn it on.

Please Help!

Benjoseph