Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Brick Chimney Peak Fell Inside Chimney During Heavy Rain/ Lightning Storm

"Mike" wrote in message
Hi, after three days of heavy rain and lightning the peak shaped top of
the brick chimney on my house fell into the chimney.
It's still raining very hard. The hot water heater is the thing using the
chimney. How do I go about getting this fixed? It's a end
of group row house with the chimney on the alley side of the house. I've
got a pretty good home owners insurance policy should I file a claim?

Call your agent and he can tell you about filing a claim. That is why he
earns a commission on your policy. He'll be happy to assist you.

Look in the phone book for a chimney mason. Probably not a big deal to
repair, but you want to be sure the rest of the chimney is OK. .