Posted to rec.woodworking
Prometheus

Default Okay ... another question on fine cuts

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 14:59:58 -0600, "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"
"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote:

What if the cut you're making requires precision points? The following
cutout shapes (link below) could be done on a scrollsaw, but it would be
difficult to get the lines perfectly straight.

http://www.deltamesa.com/Wood/tess.gif

Maybe a jig of some sort with the scroll saw? These are tesselation
forms and so I'd have to be able to cut out several of them with a fair
degree of accuracy.

Other than simply having a surgeon's steady hand, what's the best
approach to cutting these shapes?

If I had to do it- and I think I'd avoid it- I'd cut them a little
oversized on the bandsaw, then file or sand them down to the mark.
Looks like an awfully fussy project, though.