Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert11

Default Wood Clapboard Types ?

Hello:

Will be calling some contractors in to replace our existing T1-11 type of
siding with the "typical" wood clapboards.

I would like to learn a bit more first, before discussing it with them.

I'm thinking of the regular wood siding for the clapboards, rather than
Hardi Board, or other engineered-wood types.

Is there such a thing as regular wood clapboards anymore ?

Are they (still) cedar ?

Any brands best, or is this pretty much of a generic item these days ?

What should I perhaps be asking them regarding what they will be using ?

Thanks,
B.