Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin Mormon

Default Removing blades from my lawnmower

Walking mower or riding?

You can sometimes stop the blade turning by stick your boot under the
deck to block the tip of the blade. (Remove spark plug wire from plug,
and better yet, remove spark plug entirely from machine.)

Impact wrenches usually work really well.

I've seen a grinder tip made for electric drills, to sharpen blades.
But you can't balance a blade while still on the machine.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Running Jack Flash" wrote in message
.. .
I want to get the blades sharpened from my 1996 Husqvarna Master 43RC
mower.
I bought the mower last month from the guy who sold me his house, and
it
looks like the blades have never been sharpened. I have quarters with
sharper edges.

In trying to remove the blades, the bolt holding them on is very
rusted. I
can't turn the bolt without turning the blades as well, so it never
loosens.
Any ideas?