Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Instructoins for xxxx-Kenmore

Depending on which washer was purchased, the error code information
might be in the technical information either inside the control panel,
or in a plastic sleeve inside the machine. For example, in the HE3
series of Kenmore front load washers, there is technical information
inside the kick panel area.

Many companies no longer provide technical help outside of warranty or
service agreement expiration dates. I would imagine that Dell
computers is one company that strictly enforces this. Microsoft used
to have a number for free technical help on all their software, and I
bet they've done away with that. Just because a person at an #800 is
easily reachable doesn't mean that the desired information will come
free. It might be easier to find error codes on the internet. And
just because one might find the meaning of the error code doesn't mean
you would know what to do with the information. You might, but you
also might not.

Many people expect certain things to come with a machine, but if you
don't explicitly state that the inclusion of such item is criteria for
the purchase, you have no standing. You could request to see the
owner's manual before making a purchase, but I bet that few salespeople
would have the ability or willingness to fulfill that request.