Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default fusible resistor substitute

I just worked on a set that had a shorted diode that took out the 1.5
ohm 7 watt fusible resistor. I have a 10watt resistor in stock but I
really don't want to use it in place of a 7. In general it seems that I
never seem to have the correct size of these things around when I need
them. I was wondering if there is any reason that I couldn't substitute
an appropriate size fuse for this application? The current in theory to
open the resistor would have to exceed 3.24 amps. So I was thinking
perhaps a 4 amp fuse would do. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Thanks. Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.