Mark

Default Seeking source for torque wrench extensions

djl wrote:

Sure, beam deflection, and other "slop" in the setup does induce
error. As you suggest, I'm intending to minimize that error by having
it deflect as little as possible - both mimimizing length (I only need
6-10 inches, really, to get to the torque ranges I'm after) and making
sure it's as stiff as possible.

Why don't you just buy a right sized torque wrench? If it's important
enough to be torqued to spec isn't it important enough to have the
proper tool?

I have to wonder if your an engineer (unlikely) or in management (that's
my guess).

--

Mark

N.E. Ohio

Never argue with a fool, a bystander can't tell you apart. (S. Clemens,
A.K.A. Mark Twain)

When in doubt hit the throttle. It may not help but it sure ends the
suspense. (Gaz, r.moto)