Posted to alt.home.repair
Perri Morgan

Default Instructoins for xxxx-Kenmore

mm wrote in
:

I"m not arguing with you, since you said you're not saying if this is
good or bad, but you point out the very thing that is annoying about
this to Perri. Warranty or protection agreement, they would want to
walk the customer through to avoid a service call at Sears expense,
but if the customer is paying they won't even put the error code and a
little bit of walk-through in the owners manual.

Exactly my point. Thank you.

Perri didn't start out expecting to talk to the service deparatment
for free, and even when he wanted to, he would have settled for one
sentence that explained E10. But noooooooo, they kept that a secret,
and it's almost like they want to encourage service calls when the
owner has to pay for it. That is very annoying, to say the least.

Indeed it is, and in this case, the "he" is a "she". But I can still
attempt to fix a washer myself if I know what's wrong with it. But I
confess that I actually *was* expecting to talk to a service tech for
free -- but only to find out what the stupid error code meant.

I had something a while back that had a list of error codes in the
manual, can't remember what it was, but the only ones they listed were
codes that came up normally, like "out of paper" or "paper jamb".

Yes, they have the simple stuff, like electrical and water connections
in the "troubleshooting" section (those types of things don't show on
the washer as LED error codes), but not a word about the error code
messages other than "contact your local Sears Service Center." They
sell the washer, but not all the information that should be with it.

Anyhow, after re-starting the machine (sort of like re-booting the
computer), the washer finished out the load without the error code
popping back up, so all is well -- for today. As for Sears, this isn't
over. I plan to call on a weekday and insist on a copy of the error
codes and what they mean. I feel entitled to that information.