Posted to alt.home.repair

Default maytag Neptune control board repair

I'm trying to help out a friend who was unfortunate enough to have
gotten stuck with one of these Neptune lemons. There is a resistor
burned on the control board, and I am told that this usually takes out
the small triac alongside it. I have obtained an NTE replacement for
the triac and I'm going to replace it and the resistor, (is it 3900
ohms?) . But here's my question: This wax motor that has supposedly
failed and caused this, do I really have to replace it or is it just
there to prevent some child, (ot idiot) from opening the door during
the spin cycle and having their arm removed? Will the door stay latched

otherwise with the motor not installed? I guess what I'm saying is that

we're all adults here, so after the board work is done, can this
machine be rigged to work with out this troublesome part? In any case
any further information or tips that anyone can provide with respect to

getting this washer running again will be most sincerely appreciated.
Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.