Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Removing HW Cylinder connector insert

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

Best read what I wrote, and use compression fittings, you don't force

Hmm, plumbing is not your thing is it

No. Pipe and plumbing are not as one as your tiny mind thinks. This is
sad.

pipes past pipe stops on fittings. If the tapping on the top of the
cylinder is 1" BSP, then a 1" BSP x 22mm x 22mm tee can be used. Then
reduce to 15mm at the top of the tee (the shower take off). The tee off
to the bath is then 22mm so full flow to baths. Using a 22mm tee and
running a 15mm through it will obviously reduce flow.

The minor points he neglects to mention a that while sliding an end
feed fitting reducer down a length of 15mm pipe is very easy,

It isn't. There is a pipe stop in the fitting. You are ramming a pipe past a
stop. Onl;y cowboys do this. The pipe stop in the fitting should be filed
or drilled out.

doing something similar with a brass compression fitting will require that
you drill out the pipe end stop.

EXACTLY! As you should, drill it out.

You may find the cost of the 15mm drill bit and a drill press a tad
excessive

Press? My God.

As for the 1" BSP male to x 22mm compression fitting, good luck finding
one of those!

1" BSP x 28mm with reducers.

snip babbling drivel

If anyone is making their own Surrey flange, justfollow what I wrote. DON'T
ram pipes past pipe stops in end feed fittings.