Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default before i buy a new Natural Gas grill...

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 21:27:59 -0400, Dan Espen
wrote:

"Lena" writes:

GotBonus wrote:
Any upfront advice ...

Could you elaborate on why you would want natural gas over propane?
Even though I have natural gas for heating and cooking in my home, I am
not the least bit interested in running a pipe and connector through
the wall to the outside where I could plug in a special gas line to the
grille.

Hmm, plug into natural gas...never thought of that.

My natural gas grill is set in concrete and permanently
connected to the gas.

I wouldn't recommend trying to hook up one of those roll
around grills to NG.

But I absolutely love never getting a propane tank
filled, always having gas available, and always having
the grill on one place.

My brother's last house had that, built into a sandstone wall around
their patio. The wall matched or complemented the house construction,
stone facing iirc. The wall and grill looked like somethign one could
do himself, and the gas too I guess. I don't know how much it cost or
how much they used it, but it certainly gave a luxury look to the
patio, and the whole house to some extent.

With NG, if there were a leak, wouldn't it be better if it were
outside than inside?