Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris

Default Odd electrical Problem

Today, I had two rooms in my house lose power for no apparent reason.
Both rooms are connected through the same circuit breaker, but this
didn't trip. I know that there was power in my house earlier in the
morning. After checking all the breakers, and reseting them three or
four times, power hasn't come back into the two rooms. Using my DMM, I
get a reading of 0.3 V at all connections on that circuit. I've checked
the power going through the circuit breaker, and it's reading 120V.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could have happened to
cause a lose of power? There doesn't appear to be a short in the
circuit as the breaker hasn't tripped. Could it be that the breaker is
bad, and needs to be replaced? All advice and suggestions are welcome,
thanks.