Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric in North TX

Default big wires in conduit

Without any idea what the intended use for the feeder is, it's
impossible to
give advise, however if its a clean straight shot, three 3\0 conductors will
fit. Just make sure you don't try pulling it with the nylon strand

The intended use is to power a workshop with a 4 post lift, air
compressor, welding equipment, and a wood shop (mostly 220v). It is a
one person shop generally, so it would be unusual to have more than one
load at a time, though my so has welded while I sanded or lifted a car,
and with the present hopelessly inadequate feed it browned out the
entire shop.
I had every intention of using the nylon to pull the wire, glad you
mention that, what should be used? I have pulled cars with that stuff,
I thought it was bullet proof.