Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

Default TV shows stripes/lines at the top of the screen

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

All accepted unreservedly.

Thanks, Arfa!

I can see where you are coming from on the self-taught angle. I don't have
any basic beef with self-taught people, and I'm sure that very many who
post on here to solicit help, fall into that category. I would state again
that not having formal qualifications, does not preclude the possibility of
someone being qualified to hand out valid advice. I do, however, draw the
line, where a person who is an amateur in this particular field, considers
himself to be qualified to advise a person with little knowledge, on how to
carry out work on dangerous equipment, with scant attention to safety, and
indeed to make light of safety advice given by people who are genuinely
qualified by virtue of either formal examination, or long service in the
trade.

Fair comment.

For sure, sometimes this will catch people who are genuinely good safe
amateurs, but they are, I feel, in the minority.

I honestly don't know if that's the case or not, so I really can't say
whether that's right or wrong TBH.

Anyways, I guess we all understand one another's point of view now, and we
can get on and back to where we were. To anyone who has been offended by
my point of view, don't be. No offence is intended, and unless anyone else
wants to take me to task, I don't think that there's any further virtue in
pursuing it. d;~)

Agreed!

Dave