jim rozen

Default Pearl Harbor

In article , John Kasunich
says...

If the existing laws are not being enforced, the answer is to enforce them,
not to add new laws. That's practically a quote direct from the NRA/RKBA
people.

Hmm. Good point, I had missed that.

There is a simple test for any law: would I want this law applied to
me? Do you want the government to search your home/shop without a
warrant while you are at work? Don't say "I have nothing to hide".

LOL. True story: wife is in law school, and they're doing
search and seizure law. Of course one student stands up and
parrots that exact line 'I have nothing to hide' so the
instructor says, "ok, come on down here in front and dump
your purse out on the table, right now."

Pause.

"No."

"Why not, you have _nothing_ to hide, right?"

"This stuff is personal."

Big laugh from entire class, red face on the victim.

You claim to be a libertarian, but your mistrust of government power
seems to end abruptly as soon as you cross the aisle from Left to Right.

Or, whenever the BOR clock hand departs "two."

Jim

please reply to: