Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield

Default Shed Express

Andy Hall brought next idea :
The best solution would be to make one. This can be accomplished very
easily and speeded up considerably with a chop saw and some kind of nailer.

Agreed, plus you can save a considerable amount of money in the process
and get just what _you_ want made to measure.

You might also consider using reclaimed wood, cut to your
specifications. I use it quite frequently and have achieved some good
results.

Second best solution would be to find a place that manufactures them locally
and have a look. Generally, these are of better quality.

These tend to be much robustly made that the paper thin mass produced
ones which need to be transported long distances. We bought two huts -
bought one which proved to be too small, 5 years on we resold it for
more than we paid and bought a much larger one. The local supplier made
them from green timber over an inch thick for the cladding, it is still
as good as new 20 years on.

A mass produced five year old hut we were given, is already falling
apart.

What ever hut you buy, ensure it is built up clear of the ground on
bricks/roof tiles or etc. so that it is not sat in moisture and has
free air flow under it.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)