Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shed Express

Derek ^ wrote:
On 24 Jun 2006 06:54:37 -0700, wrote:

Why not make your own for a fraction the cost, self-delivered today,
better designed and longer lived.

Hmm, I need a new shed.

The shiplap boarding on my 7x6 pent shed has shrunk and gaps have
appeared between the planks. The roofing felt was replaced by a proper
joiner 18 months ago and he just nailed it down with galvanised clout
nails. The felt has pulled away from these leaving circular holes, the
rain has got in and wet all my stuff including nasty garden chemicals.

It was stood on fenceposts laid down as bearers, but these are rotten
now. Lifting the shed off them to replace them might strain the shed
fatally.

Do you reckon It's worth attempting a DIY re-furb ?

A replacement from Argos is £298.00. Quality unknown.

DG

I think we can guess the quality, and it wont be good. You can diy
something top quality for much less than that.

Anything can be refurbed, whether refurb or rebuild is better depends
if its what you want, if the frame is solid enough to last, and the
base sounds like it wont last forever. If you want something to last
for life, rebuild. If you want the quickest repair for the next decade,
thats somewhat quicker.

NT