Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Siting Radiator

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 17:59:12 +0100, Frank Erskine wrote
(in article ):

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 16:37:23 +0100, Andy Hall had
this to say:

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 08:18:44 +0100, One and Only wrote
(in article ):

wrote in message
oups.com...
A very simple question: Is it ok to site a radiator beneath a combi
boiler? The boiler will be in the bathroom. Can't think of any reason
why not. Can anyone else? Cheers

Why not install a quality heated towel rail instead?

Is there such a thing?

I've been trying to find one for weeks that isn't either white or chrome.

I'm looking for one with a stainless steel/pewter type of finish. Can I
find one? Nope.

Myson will do bespoke ones, so presumably you can bespeak the finish.

Thanks for that, Frank.

They have quite a good standard range of shapes and sizes, so that aspect
seems OK - I can probably find a suitable product.

I notice that they do a brushed nickel finish. That might well be suitable
as long as it's not too bright.

I think I'll call them on Monday and see if I can get a sample of metal
finished in this colour.

I'm not expecting a low price for this rail - very likely it will be
£200-300+ even for a small one. I looked at their designer range for a
radiator for my conservatory. There is quite a nice cast one with a wooden
seat on the top. Only trouble is that it's price is north of £2k and I
didn't want to pay that much.

thanks again