toolmiser toolmiser is offline
Junior Member

I also picked up one of the $69.97 vacs at the Borg, and I like it. I have a little bigger Shopvac "quite" model in my shop that I also like. I added an "exhaust filter" to my ridgid to help with noise. My shopvac is already pretty quite, and they achieved that by exhausting around the perimeter, so you can't use it as a blower. I also passed on the Ridgid vac that had the detachable blower. Usually tools that do more than one job do them all poorly. BTW, the vac I just bought replaced a 30 year old metal "power-vac" that just was past it's prime. The motor was tired, and the tank was rusted out.