Posted to alt.home.repair

Default before i buy a new Natural Gas grill...

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"GotBonus" wrote in message

Is there some kind of formula for determining best grill size to BTU
ratio?

Also , is it true that the HD has some sort of big sale on the floor units
about mid summer?( probably doesn't matter as they are all Propane)

I guess you can do a Btu to square inch of primary cooking surface analysis.
In general, more is better as you can turn the burners down.

HD does have a mid summer sale, IIRC, but they do not have the best
selection of grills if you want something really good. They handle Vermont
Castings, but the models they have are made for the mass market. The
Signature series is a better quality. Take a look at some of the propane
dealers and outdoor furniture shops, etc. You may pay a few $ more, but
over the next 15 or so years, you will enjoy a better product.

AFAIK any brand of propane grill can be converted to NG.

Many grills come in nat gas or propane versions when you buy them, but
most cannot be converted. I was recently helping a friend buy a new
one. He's renting a condo while looking for a house to buy. So, he
wanted one that could be converted. Most cannot. Wound up buying a
CharmGlow or CharmBroil (can't remember which), because they were the
only one we could find that would convert. They offer a kit for $50
and actually show the dual fuel capability as a key feature.

Not sure why the others don't offer this. Could be a liability
concern, or maybe there just isn't enough demand.

--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/