Posted to alt.home.repair
Lena

Default before i buy a new Natural Gas grill...

Dan Espen wrote:
....I absolutely love never getting a propane tank
filled, always having gas available, ...

At the rate we use the propane for the BBQ, we might use two or three
20# bottles a year. Yes, it is a pain if you have your own bottle, and
must make a special trip to a refill center, wait for someone to come
out and refill your tank. But if you use the exchange program from a
place you visit anyway, like Home Cheapo, you drop your empty off on
the way in and tell the cashier you want a replacement on the way out,
pay about $12 and you're done. Since we have a shed in the back yard,
it is no problem to store a spare out of the elements, and it's handy
if the one on the BBQ runs out. Since months go by between running out
of gas, there is plenty of time to get a replacement.

If one is careful to keep a spare handy, running out of gas is only a
temporary thing, and then other factors like price, quality and
mobility predominate.

BTW, if one tried to convert a propane grill to use natural gas,
wouldn't the orifices on each burner have to be changed? Are these
orifices commonly available where grills are sold? At Home Cheapo?

Lena