Posted to alt.home.repair
Cheri

Default Cleaning Vinyl

wrote in message
.com...
My vinyl floor (new house) has a thin layer of grit in the heavily
trafficed areas making parts of the floor look darker than the rest. I
can scrape it off with a scraper, but it doesn't seem to come off with
just soap/water/scrubbing and I'm worried that I'm damaging the floors.
Also, I have a lot of little paint spots all over the floor. What is
the best way to clean everything at once? I've heard recommendations
for ammonia cleaners ... will this get the grit and paint off?

Thanks!

I just had a new floor put in, and they told me to only use "Once and
Done" on it for cleaning when it gets dirty, and to just damp mop with a
well wrung out sponge mop using water only in between times. Most vinyl
floors have those little (indents) I forgot what they called them, and
using cleaners and too much water forces dirt into them, making the
floor look dingy in spots. They told me not to use any other kind of
cleaner, and not to use ammonia water as I had in the past. I'm going to
try to stick to that this time, and see if I get better results.

Cheri