Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default before i buy a new Natural Gas grill...

"GotBonus" wrote in message

Any upfront advice on burner type and material that I should stay away
from?
I am MOST concerned about EVEN heat distribution.
AND some say 36,00 BTU. some 45K etc...can someone tell me exactly what
that means as far as efficiency?
Is it per hour use?

Budget? They come in all price ranges, and you do get what you pay for.

I have a Vermont Castings VC200 that is excellent. If I was buying again
tomorrow, I'd consider the Signature Series by them, or a Napoleon with the
infra-red burners. A good grill is at least $500, a very good grill is over
$1000. We use ours a lot and it has held up well for many years now.

As for Btu, that is the amount of heat it can put our. The larger the
grill, the more you need to get the same heat all over. an 18" grill may be
good with only 20k, but a 60" will need at least 60k for a lot of steaks.
Size should be determined by your needs. Just the two of you? Small is OK,
but if you have large gatherings, you want a 48" or more.

Stainless steel looks pretty, but is a PITA to keep clean. I like and use
my side burner and rotisserie burner a lot, but YMMV.

Other brands to consider are MHP (Modern Home Products), Broilmaster, Broil
King, Weber.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/