Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

Default TV shows stripes/lines at the top of the screen

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

It is true that I do not know how many fields you are trained and skilled
in, but by your own admission, although you consider yourself to be some
kind of expert in this field, you are not properly trained, having learnt
what you do know by whatever method you have for self teaching. I don't
care if you took a postal degree in it, and became Dr Fixit, unless you
have had proper practical training in the subject, and most importantly,
its safety angles, by someone properly qualified himself, I don't consider
you to be sufficiently trained or skilled in the subject, to offer advice
about potentially dangerous work to the electronically naiive. You are
completely at odds with those of us on here who are qualified, when you
claim to be able to do so.

Well, I have 30 years experience in various aspects of electronics. I have
worked in the design, repair, construction and modification of electronic
circuits. However, in those 30 years I have not received any formal training
of any significance, yet have been called upon to train others.

In your post you have IMHO managed to disrespect possibly half the group or
more, many of them knowledgeable amateurs/hobbyists or 'unqualified' but
talented pros who have no formal training- well done.

It's ironic that my opinion on this thread echos your own sentiments
exactly, yet you can be so sneering and condescending to people like me who
don't hold the same precious piece of paper as you do. I have always
respected and generally agreed with your opinions on this group, so I am
rather disappointed with your post.

Sorry, Arfa, but that's just how I feel. Did you really mean what you said
or was it posted in haste as a kneejerk response to a post you perhaps found
provocative? I sincerely hope it's the latter.

Dave