Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

Default Plasma TV - any ideas on getting it working?

wrote:
Hi!

I've been given a Vision PM 4230 Plasma (the procudt code also comes
back as Orion so I'm guessing this is just rebadged), which doesn't
work.

When power is inserted, the power button goes orange, and when pressed,
goes green. No display appears and a buzzing sound comes from the back
(although there is no burning or other smell at all).

I know that sounds pretty vague, but I was just wondering if anyone
would have any idea how easy/cost efficient this may be to repair? I'd
be willing to spend a reasonable amount, as obviously I'd have a cheap
large screen at the end of it.

Thanks a lot!

Danabnormal

To start with, open it up and see if there's craters in any of the big
chips bonded to the panel, if that's the case (as was with the Sony I
looked at once) then it's not worth working on.