Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
Mike S.

Default Sears dehumidifer problems

In article ,
Fred McKenzie wrote:
In article , (Mike S.) wrote:

The humidity setting is via a digital touch panel in front. I don't see
any way to tweak the adjustment as the sensor assembly is simply attached
by a long cable to the back of the PC board on the control panel.

Mike-

After setting, does the touch panel read out its version of actual
humidity? If it only shows the set point, you don't know whether it is
shutting off because it has reached the set point, or because the
compressor has shut down from an over-current condition.

It only displays the chosen set point; not the actual humidity.

It might just be a coincidence that the cycling compressor appears to
maintain a particular humidity level.

Hmmm. in any case, I'm replacing the sensor, so it should eliminate that
variable.